READY. SET. GO.
Fathers...take your mark! You and your kids (ages 3+) are invited to join us for a day you will never forget! Our Annual Pinewood Derby GrandPrix will be on Saturday, February 10 at 9AM.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Saturday, February 10 | 9AM - 2PM
First race begins at 9AM
Heritage Church | Lake Zurich Campus
255 N Quentin Road, Lake Zurich, IL
All fathers and children age 3+ are invited to participate in the GrandPrix.
$10 for a Race Kit.
Register in person at Awana on January 22, January 29,
February 5, or at Heritage Lake Zurich January 28 and February 4! You can also register below!
The races will be divided between the following age groups. (In the kids tournament, every child’s car will race at least twice and will be automatically entered in the design contest for kids car's only.)
- Preschool - Age 3-4
- Early Elementary - K -2nd grade
Late Elementary - 3rd -5th grade
- Jr High - 6th-8th Grade
- Adults Race - 9th grade and up (Bracket Style Elimination)
CHECK-IN & CAR DROP OFF
RACES BEGIN AND END IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER
Jr high Races
Breakfast and Lunch items are available for
purchase throughout the day
HOW & WHERE DO I GET MY RACE KIT?
Starting January 22 pick up your kit at Awana any Monday night or at the Lake Zurich church offices, Monday through Thursday 9AM - 5PM. You can also pick up your kit at the
Lake Zurich lobby display on Sunday, January 28 or Sunday,
WHAT DESIGN SHOULD I USE?
HOW TO BUILD MY CAR?
Need help building your car? Find some tutorials and instruction videos here.
HOW DO I CUT MY CAR IF I DON’T HAVE THE TOOLS?
On January 29th and February 5th during Awana (6:15-8:15 p.m.) we will be cutting cars at the Lake Zurich Campus. Bring your car and a picture of the design you want with you.
What are the requirements for the car?
To fit on the track and not mess up the finish line detector, your car has to match these specs.
- Length: not more than 7 inches
- Width: not more than 2 3/4 inches
- Height-not more than 3 inches
- Distance between the wheels: at least 1 3/4 inches
- Weight: not more than 5 ounces
- Clearance (how far the bottom of your car should be from the surface its sitting on): at least 3/8 of an inch
SUPPLIES + MATERIAL
- Use the wood, wheels and axels that comes in your kit.
- You can use wheel bearings, bushings, washers or springs, paint, anything you'd like (as long as your car still follows the measurements).
- You can't have parts on your car that hang out in front of the starting pin on the track.